Wanna Make the World Dance

my life as a teacher & coach, among other things

Quick Minutes Update

August13

I’m a busy lady. Getting ready for the school year is exciting again. I’m glad I spent some time in my classroom this week. It’s made all the difference. I can’t wait to my my new students and reconnect with the staff. It’s going to be a great year!

To get ready, I’ve put in some more time preparing lessons – this time I made the necessary note cards and such for activities, wrote tests, and made sure all of the prep is done so I just have to show up and instruct/facilitate. I’ve read a book about bullying (Please stop laughing at me by Jodee Blanco) and started a non-fiction book I plan to teach in February (though I must confess though I enjoy other works by the author, They Call Themselves the KKK by Susan Campbell Bartoletti is booooring. I have no idea how I’m going to get 7th graders to read it!). I’ve attended Cross Country practices, yep the season starts before the school year. ¬†And I’ve organized and arranged my classroom as I’d like it to be for the start of the year. I’ll move it come September. I’m always moving the desks around. Anyone else?

Anyway, all of this amount to 1450 minutes since 8/8/11

RUNNING TOTAL: 4216 minutes

by posted under parents & admin | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar